Do You Facebook?
| Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Easy enough question. Do you Facebook? But be careful...it's actually a loaded question if you are a marketer or desire to use facebook for marketing purposes.
What's that? You hadn't thought about the usefulness (or, some would say, lack of usefulness) that Facebook affords?
With the explosion that was 2007 for Facebook, something new has come into the picture. An actual way for businesses to do something other than just have a group or profile on the "social networking, time consumer" known as Facebook.
If you haven't considered these tools yet, start.
1. Use the Visa Business Network application on Facebook "free"credit to test/toy with the idea of Facebook advertising. It's a free $100 opportunity that not even the riches in this economy should pass by.
2. If you don't have a profile yet, start today...and make it an open profile. Please talk to your long lost friends in private somewhere else.
3. Read and understand what the rules of engagement are for Facebook advertising. Turns out there are some pretty random rules to ads being built on Facebook...but nothing too out of control. They'll seem less out of control once you familiarize yourself more.
4. Don't let Facebook get upset at you. It may hurt your feelings. I got a warning the other day as I was building my "friend" list. They suggested I was somehow spamming people by requesting friendships. Next day I guess it was okay since I tried again and received no complaints.
5. Did I mention the rules of Facebook are a little touchy and random? Start testing things today...it'll pay off tomorrow.
6. Go ahead and check out my profile. Let me know what you think and if you need some help building Facebook as a marketing tool for you and your business. Go online to: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1250331815
. See you there.
Until next time...